Saturday, July 28, 2007

line three, I forget

Today a friend turned another year older. I baked her a little cake. It's hard to gauge in the picture, but it's only 6 inches in diameter!



I work at a university. Sometimes I overhear the young people talking and I think they sound so silly. I am sure, oftentimes, I sound silly to people older than me.

I am thirty-three.

Sometimes I remember where I used to think I would be at thirty-three. It seems so silly now that I'm here. Not there.

Anyway, at dinner we clinked our glasses, cheers, to my friend. I love that noise. The clink clink clink. Good times.

let's take a look at these crow's feet, just look
sitting on the prettiest eyes
sixty 25th of Decembers
fifty-nine 4th of Julys
you can't have too many good times, children
you can't have too many lines
take a good look at these crow's feet
sitting on the prettiest eyes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful cake. I know you always feel that you're not where you're "supposed" to be according to society, friends, or family. But I'm sure many are envious of your position in life, what you've accomplished, your freedom, and all the choices you can make for yourself. The world is your oyster, you can take your pick. And in the meantime, you have time to reflect and truly understand what lyrics like those posted mean.