Sunday, January 28, 2007

vegetarian chili

Today I did some cooking. It's a rare event so I thought that I would archive it. I got the recipe years ago from Peggy D. I don't know where she got it. Whenever I make it, I'm reminded of Soup Nights and our copious consumption of bread. I wonder what those guys are all up to now...

ingredients:
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 onions
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbs chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 sweet red peppers
2 jalapino peppers

1 x 28 oz can plum tomatoes

2 x 19 oz can red kidney beans (I like to mix it up a bit)
1 cup corn

salt
pepper

instructions:
1. heat oil

2. add onions, garlic, stir 10 min

3. add chili, cumin, stir 1 min

4. add both kinds of peppers, stir
5. add tomatoes
6. boil uncovered until thick (10-15 min)

7. add beans, corn, stir 10 min
8. add salt, pepper to taste

9. eat!

optional: top with chedder, parsley

No comments: