Sunday, March 2, 2008

be fruitful and multiply

My friends have had a baby. He is the cutest thing ever. Sometimes when he is sleeping, he'll chuckle and my heart breaks.

It was his dad's birthday recently and I knit him an ear flap hat. Then I made a matching one for his "mini me".

Again, I didn't use a pattern. I seem to have a problem with rules. Instead I bought some yarn (Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran and alpaca silk). Pearl at Knitty City helped me choose needles (US 10.5 circs) that she thought would give me a good gauge. I read a bunch of patterns online and in books at the bookstore, but couldn't find anything that I liked. So I kept an eye out on the street for people wearing ear flap hats and followed the good looking ones around. Good looking hats, I mean. I think I started and restarted about five times until I had what I wanted.

and voilĂ :



They look cuter when they're actually on real heads because the boy is only about four months old, but this is all I have for public viewing.

No comments: