Thursday, May 24, 2007

operator, get me sweden

Use any methods you require to get her on the wire
I know you understand me you've heard it all before
Because you are this earths' long distance love ambassador


I went to Stockholm!






Our apartment is one of those buildings. Maybe the yellow one second from the left? I forget.


It was kind of eerie because it never really got dark. We could go sightseeing at night, even. It was nice except for when I would wake with the sunrise every morning at 4 am. Then it was kind of shocking.

These pictures were taken around 9 or 10 at night without a flash!




Remarkably, the Swedes seem to like food in tubes:

I bought some tubed "bacon ost" but haven't tried it yet.






Not wanting to show up empty handed, I knit a sweater for the son of my swedish friends. I used the pattern for the Shawl-Collared Jacket from Baby Knits For Beginners by Debbie Bliss. It was the first time I've knit anything without deviating from the pattern. I even bought the yarn specified. But even then I still had to buy a sixth ball of yarn. I must be a tight knitter. It was my first garment, but I think it turned out not bad, right? The kid's freaking gorgeous so I'm sure anything would look good on him. I think next time I'll try to add pockets.

This was knit with Debbie Bliss merino aran (colour: 325300 black, 6 skeins) on size US8 needles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cardigan has turned out really well! So many of my friends are pregnant right now so I think I'll be knitting some baby clothes soon. I just finished my first knitted garment too, which was also a cardigan. There must be something in air!